Deep Silver have announced that Valkyria Revolution, previously known as Valkyria: Azure Revolution will be coming to Europe via the publisher. The newly renamed Valkyria Revolution will able available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game is also set to see a digital release on PlayStation Vita although Deep Silver has not stated within their latest press release or via their website whether a Vita version will be coming to Europe. We hope to keep you updated on this in due course.
Valkyria Revolution while still part of the Valkyria series it is set in an alternate timeline based on the European industrialisation era. Valkyria Revolution also has a different take on gameplay at sets it apart from the others in the series. The traditional turn-based strategy has been replaced with a new hybrid of real-time combat and tactical strategy across battlefields.
About the game
All it takes is a single spark to start the inferno of war, and in the story of Valkyria Revolution, players will experience that firsthand. Five lifelong friends consumed by personal revenge plunge an entire continent into a terrible war, sacrificing the lives of countless innocents for a cause based on twisted half-truths and outright lies. This “Circle of Five” use their combined influence in their political and military positions to motivate their small, economically blockaded homeland to rise up and become a powerful resistance against its imperialist oppressors. Will the Circle of Five be remembered as heroic liberators, or will their selfish motives expose them as traitorous conspirators who sacrificed untold lives just to carry out a personal vendetta? Players will watch this history unfold in Valkyria Revolution and find out the truth behind the events…
Valkyria Revolution Features:
· A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, one of the last of the ancient and powerful Valkyrur, magical beings with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces and players will have to figure out how to defeat her.
· Prepare for LeGION – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics and finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
· The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players can upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths.
· A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new Gouache rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
· Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant soundtrack brought to life by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow)