Deep Silver have recently announced that SEGA’s latest entry in the Valkyria series – Valkyria Revolution will be coming to the Americas on 27th June and in Europe on 30th June!
Valkyria Revolution, while bearing the Valkyria name actually does away with the original series’ traditional turn-based strategy and introduces new gameplay mechanics with a more action-oriented theme. That’s not all that is new, however, as Valkyria Revolution is set in a new world with new characters so get ready for an engaging story full of political intrigue and gorgeous visual style.
Valkyria Revolution will be available both physically and digitally for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for €39.99 / £34.99 and as a digital-only title on PlayStation Vita. Pre-orders and limited launch copies of the physical editions in Europe will come with a 12-track soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow).
Valkyria Revolution Features
· A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, an ancient and powerful Valkyria, a fearsome being with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces, and players will have to discover how to defeat the incarnation of death itself.
· Prepare for Battle – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics. Finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
· The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will be able to upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths with ragnite.
· A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new GOUACHE rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
· Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant and dramatic soundtrack by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who is known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Stella Glow.